Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Credit Score

I know that my credit score is quite low and I know that it is something that I have to work on and something that I want to work on.

If you don't even know what your credit score or credit rating is there are supposed to be some ways that you can get a free copy of your credit score or credit rating. I don't know exactly where you can get it from for free but I know if I look online I would be able to find out how to see what my credit score is and how to get a copy of it for free.

I do know that my credit rating is very low - actually I don't know how it got to be SO low but it is still something that I have to work on. I do know that I have a very high credit card balance and there is another balance that is under $1,000 from a clothing store where I used to shop all the time.

On the positive side, I have been able to pay off a few of the other balances that I owed. For instance I owed a balance on my own bank account and I found out to my dismay that you couldn't open a new bank account at another bank until you paid off the balance that you owed to your previous bank. But like I said I was able to pay that one off. I also had a student loan that I paid off and it took me a loooooooooooooong time to pay off my student loan but I managed to do that too. I also had some medical bills that I had to pay off. In my case I found out that when you go to the emergency room at the hospital - unless you have medical insurance - which I didn't have at the time - you get 2 bills mailed to you! One bill was for the emergency room service and I guess the other bill was for "sevices rendered" - which I really don't know what it was specifically for but it looked legitimate enough!

So I still have a ways to go to get my credit rating back into the "good" numbers!

No comments: